Are you aware that indoor pollution levels are 2 to 5 times higher than typical outdoor levels? And yet, we tend to spend 90% of our time indoors—much of it in our homes.
With indoor air pollution awareness on the rise, it's not uncommon for homeowners to ask whether they should have their air ducts cleaned.
Below, we will look at what credible experts say and help you make an informed decision.
What the Experts Say
According to trusted bodies such as the U.S Environmental Protection Agency(EPA), air duct cleaning is not necessary on a regular basis.
But it doesn’t end there:
These experts agree that duct cleaning is helpful in certain cases. So, before you rule out the idea, read on to learn about situations where cleaning the ductwork could be beneficial.
Cases Where Air Duct Cleaning is Recommended
Although duct cleaning doesn't have to pop up in your regular home maintenance list, you shouldn’t ignore it entirely. Here are four cases where you'll need it.
- Substantial Mold Growth Inside the Ducts - Mold not only damages the surface it grows on, but also releases tiny spores that may circulate around your interior space. And this poses a risk to your family's health. If you detect any signs of growth around your ductwork or on the mechanical parts of your HVAC system, you’ll need to talk to a specialist to clean the components and correct the source of the problem.
- Vermin Infestation - Signs of pests in your ducts is enough reason to clean your ducts. It's common to find rats, squirrels, and bees using the duct to access your home. Some may also nest on your HVAC unit. Nesting material, foodstuffs, hair, droppings, and dead animals can affect your system's efficiency; therefore, it’s essential you get the pests removed and ducts cleaned as soon as possible.
- Clogged Ducts - When was the last time your AC system got a tune-up? If it has been more than a year, your ducts are probably filthy. Your best bet? Consult an air quality specialist. When dirt, dust, allergens, pet hair, and debris accumulate in your duct, they impede the efficiency of your HVAC system, contaminates the air, and triggers respiratory problems.
- You had a Major Renovation - Most renovation projects stir up a lot of dust around the home. Others involve the removal of lead paint, mold, and asbestos. If you forgot to seal off the ductwork during the project, some of these harmful components will linger in the air ducts. Only a detailed cleaning will remove these trapped contaminants.
Do I Need a Professional to Clean my Ducts?
Yes, you do. Cleaning air ducts is not a do-it-yourself job. The wrong approach could cause significant damage, forcing you to get a costly replacement. Partner with a qualified HVAC technician in Bradenton, FL, to get your ducts cleaned safely.
Professionals use special tools and techniques to remove dust, debris, mold, and odor from the duct. They will not only clean and sanitize the insides of your duct, but they'll also check whether it’s leaky and needs to be sealed.
Veteran Air: A HVAC Company that truly Cares About Your Indoor Air Quality
If you are wondering where to get HVAC and duct cleaning specialists you can trust in Sarasota or Bradenton, FL, Veteran Air is the company to work with. Our team has extensive experience in cleaning, servicing, and installing HVAC systems, therefore you can fully depend on us.
Share this post
- Tags: ac maintenance, AC Maintinence, AC Service, AC Service Lakewood Ranch, air conditioning maintenance, Air Conditioning Service, Air Quality Specialist, Air Quality Specialist Bradenton, Air Quality Specialist Sarasota, Air Quality Specialist Venice, Best AC Companies, Bradenton AC Companies, Cleaning Air Ducts, Cleaning the Duct Work, Duct Cleaning Bradenton, Duct Cleaning Sarasota, Duct Cleaning Specialist Bradenton, Duct Cleaning Specialist Lakewood Ranch, Duct Cleaning Specialist Sarasota, Duct Cleaning Specialists, Ducts cleaned safely, HVAC Technician in Bradenton, HVAC Technician in Sarasota, Local AC Companies, Reasons to clean your ducts, Veteran Air, Veteran Air Conditioning