Much like a car needs regular maintenance to ensure that it operates efficiently, your air conditioning unit needs scheduled tune-ups to deliver the desired comfort levels, lower your power bills and extend its lifespan. But instead of paying for individual tune-up visits and repairs, you can get a maintenance agreement for your air conditioning system.
So, what exactly is an AC maintenance agreement? And what should you know about them? Read on to discover.
What is an AC Maintenance Agreement?
An air conditioning maintenance agreement is an agreement between a homeowner and an AC company, in which the service provider agrees to perform all tune-ups of the unit for a specified period at an agreed fee. Essentially, this agreement ensures that your AC system is always in tip-top shape, and you don't have to wait till it breaks down to contact an AC technician.
What’s Included in an Air Conditioning Maintenance Agreement?
AC maintenance agreement come in different forms and shapes, and you need to know what’s included in one before you sign on the dotted lines. A typical residential air conditioner maintenance agreement consists of the following:
Components to be Maintained - The agreement has a list of all AC components that will be serviced. So you might want to familiarize yourself with some of the common AC terms. If there are parts you don't find on this list, ask to see if the company can customize the contract.
Number of Visits - The agreement states the frequency of maintenance visits. Some companies offer an annual maintenance visit, while others recommend bi-annual maintenance’s. Make sure the company keeps track of scheduling to ensure the service is completed at the appropriate time.
Tasks to be Performed - It has a list of the work to be covered. These tasks include:
- Changing or cleaning air filters
- Checking for adequate refrigerant charge
- Identifying potential future part failure’s
- Inspecting electrical connections
- Looking for wear and tear on the unit
- Cleaning the coils
- Check the condensation drain for blockage and cleaning it
- Lubricating the motors and checking the belts
- Assessing the accuracy of your thermostat
Since different AC brands and models have different servicing requirements, it's important you only work with licensed and experienced AC technicians to ensure they're familiar with your unit. Also, keep in mind most agreements don’t cover repairs for issues that might be discovered in the AC tune-up.
Payment Terms - Pricing varies from company to company. Go through the payment details and make sure it clearly states how and when payments will be made. It’s up to you to decide whether it offers enough value. To determine this, compare it to other agreements provided by companies that cover the same items and perform similar tasks.
Additional Perks - Apart from the essential services, some contracts also come with extra perks that regular customers don’t get to enjoy. Perks range from priority AC service when you have a breakdown, lower labor charge to discounts on parts not covered by the warranty.
Benefits of an AC Maintenance Agreement
Why should you consider signing an air conditioning maintenance agreement? What do you have to gain?
- Better AC Performance - regular preventative maintenance is the best way to avoid AC problems and unlock all the benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
- Longer AC Lifespan - The agreement helps you keep up with regular maintenance like clockwork, ensuring problems are identified and fixed on time, extending your AC’s life.
- More Savings - An efficient AC will cut down your energy bill, and frequent tune-ups will prevent costly damages associated with a neglected unit.
- Priority Service - You’ll get preferential treatment when you need an unscheduled AC repair visit.
Get a Homeowner-Friendly AC Maintenance Agreement from Veteran Air Conditioning
To keep your home comfortable all year round without worrying about scheduling AC tune-ups, Veteran Air Conditioning is ready to take care of all your AC maintenance needs. We are a professional company offering unparalleled air conditioning services in Sarasota and Bradenton, FL, and all our technicians have up-to-date licenses and insurance.
Whether you need AC service or repairs, feel free to get in touch with us!
Share this post
- Tags: AC Company Bradenton, AC Company Sarasota, AC issues, ac maintenance, AC Maintenance Agreement, AC Maintenance needs, AC Maintinence, AC Performance, AC repair, AC Service, AC Service Lakewood Ranch, air conditioning, air conditioning maintenance, Air Conditioning Service, Avoid AC Problems, Benefits of an AC Maintenance Agreement, Best AC Companies, Bradenton AC Companies, Change your AC filter, Changing your AC filter, Cleaning Air Filters, HVAC Maintenance, HVAC service in Bradenton, HVAC service in Sarasota, HVAC Technician in Bradenton, HVAC Technician in Sarasota, Local AC Companies, professional AC service, Refrigerant charge, Replace air filters, Replace the air filter, replace your air filters, residential air conditioner maintenance agreement, routine maintenance on the AC unit, Sarasota AC Companies, Schedule an AC tune up, Scheduled tune-ups, Spring AC Maintenance, Spring HVAC Maintenance, Veteran Air, Veteran Air Conditioning